Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The chicken whisperer


They call me the chicken whisperer! I have been telling the children everyday during lunch that one day I would pick up and have a cuddle of the local feral rooster who cleans up any lunch crumbs.
Everybody please meet Rodney who sat very still on my lap for almost half an hour while we inspected his beautiful feathers at close range. The children loved it and still couldn't believe I did it.




 I actually raised 8 chickens in eggs at my preschool in QLD. 7 turned out to be roosters, so I was often reading the children books with a rooster on my shoulder hehehehe.
I also raised baby duck eggs and they lived happily in my old next door neighbours dam for years waddling over to my place for a feed each day. We lost a few duck and chickens to 5 metre long pythons and foxes...I don't miss those days.



By the way, these photo was taken by 3 and 4 year olds on my digital SLR camera...lots of lessons learned today Did I mention 'I love my job'

xox Cristina Rose

1 comment:

  1. What clever little photographers - they are fantastic photos. You look beautiful Cristina!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting us at Minischool.
If you have any further inquiries you can reach Cristina on phone: +6723 51862 or email minischoolpreschool@gmail.com
You can find us on facebook.